We had planned in starting Friday night. But, there was a 90% chance of rain and thunder storms. So we decided instead to start Saturday morning. Everything was wet, and we did get a good 30 minutes of rain in the late morning just before lunch. We got hit with another bout of rain around 5:00 not long before getting to our stopping point for the day. Most of the hike was level, but uninteresting. We spent a lot of time going through corn fields, cow pastures, and hiking on roads. We didn't hit any serious elevation until the last 2-3 miles. That was also the point where we got into the woods and away from the roads. We stayed at Darlington shelter which was quite impressive to say the least.